The Chicago Blackhawks, AHAI, Athletico and NorthShore University HealthSystem encourage you to register for our "A Step aHead Hockey Safety Symposium" on Saturday, September 29, from 9:00am to 2:30pm at the United Center Atrium. This FREE event includes local and national experts on a variety of topics that impact the health and safety of youth hockey players. See peakers and attached flyer to register below.
- Emergency Action Plans in Hockey: Dr. George Chiampas, Northwestern University
- Sleep: Why It’s Essential for Your Athletic Performance and Health: Dr. Meeta Singh, Henry Ford Hospital
- Appearance & Performance Enhancing Drugs: The Pressure to Perform: Tavis Piattoly, Taylor Hooton Foundation
- Ensuring Emotional & Psychological Safety in Youth Sports: Avoid the Risk of Threats, Including Bullying and Hazing: Joe Terrasi, Positive Coaching Alliance
- The Injury Paradigm: Preventing the Preventable: Paul Goodman, Chicago Blackhawks
- Concussions in Youth Hockey: Dr. Elizabeth Pieroth, NorthShore University HealthSystem